The blessing of a new year is the privilege to roll the dial back to 001. Being at one signifies a new day, a brand new start, having another opportunity to get living life right. My reward to myself is a continuous 28-day pledge to draw, make color and journal the process. I’m a teaching artist, what I do and how I do it is defined by the truth that art heals. Creative hands belong to all of us. It’s what connects us to all of humankind.
- Section #1 ~ Clean Up My Own Mess: Drawing as Centering: Jan 1 to Fat Tuesday (2/9) | It’s Not How Good You Are, It’s How Good You Want To Be by Paul Arden
- Section #2 ~ Season of Lent in Oil Painting Methods (Ash Wednesday [2/10] to Easter Tuesday [3/29]) | Art & Fear: Observations on the Perils (and Rewards) of Art Making by David Bayles & Ted Orland | Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival | Web Link | February 25 – 28 | Hampton, VA
- Section #3: Indigo Blues Quilts ~ March 30 to The Gathering (April 28, 29 & 30) | Web Link | Show Your Work: 10 Ways to Share Your Creativity & Get Discovered by Austin Kleon.
- Organize Learning & Focus on Drawing as Centering | History of Humankind Through Mark Making | Oldest known art (Africa, France, Mesopotamia, China, Ancient America)
- Get myself enrolled in a summer class at Penland School of Crafts. A bonus if I can also enroll in more than one summer class or in a Fall Concentration.