This recipe was created by my late momma, Doris Jones, who was a home economics teacher for 43 years, and owner of a cake baking and wedding catering business. This recipe creates a crusty pound cake that is light and airy. In our family, we like warm cake, so we toast it before serving it. In Summer, we use this cake to make strawberry or blueberry shortcakes by placing the batter in large muffin pans. You can also use layer cake pans, to create a stunning wedding cake decorated with buttercream icing.
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 6 ounces of cream cheese at room temperature
- 3 cups Berry Sugar (superfine sugar)
- 6 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons of either pure vanilla extract or lemon extract
- 3 cups of fluffed all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Step #1: Preheat the oven to 300 degrees, and spray a 12-cup bundt pan with baking spray.
- Step #2: Beat sugar, butter, and cream cheese at medium speed for 8 minutes.
- Step #3: Beat in 6 eggs, one at a time on low speed.
- Step #4: Add half & half and extract on low speed.
- Step #5: Rough measure 3 cups of flour and place in a ziplock bag. Fluff four, then measure accurate 3 cups in another bag. Add salt and fluff some more. Add to cake batter in four additions with mixer on low speed.
- Step #6: Bake cake low and slow at 300 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes.